Quo Vadis Cavalli?

Reorganization to begin setting the dismissal of 200 employees.

Cavalli does not find anyone who wants it. At least in the Creative Direction of the most famous Italian firm in the world thanks to its spectacular animal prints on silk. Roberto Cavalli no longer has neither the capacity – or probably patience to re-educate a genius who put the head of the multinational and its principal shareholders either.

Cavalli Peter Dundas 2
Peter Dundas

And of course, when there are no meetings disagreements, and these usually translate into a management problem first, and after sales. Perhaps because of this, the output of Peter Dundas is the least. After several years of disagreements with the business model, the new CEO Ferraris has an easy mission to save 30 million euros in production costs – which in the end are in the business model, and return to the green numbers in 2018. Two and a half years of cuts, reorganization, revision… I remember the film «Dior and I,» which wrote a few months ago in this section. That film in which the creative genius was faced with the «financial genius» to exhaustion «no sales, there is nothing to do.»

Roberto Cavalli SS17
Roberto Cavalli S/S 2017

Three years lead thinking as increase sales of Roberto Cavalli, but nothing seems to convince or to the shareholders of the company nor the final consumer. «Roberto Cavalli is not what it was» must think its creator from his magnificent yacht «The Shark.» The same must think the main shareholders of the company, Italmobiliare Italian group, who bought 90% of the company valued at 450 million euros in May this year. The designer maintains the remaining 10 %.

Roberto Cavalli SS17 2
Roberto Cavalli S/S 2017

Great evils great remedies. Reorganization to begin setting the dismissal of 200 employees. The crisis also comes to the luxury sector and fall in Chinese consumption and traditional European customers, along with the fall in oil prices have not offset impulse purchases in Russia and the United States. Roberto Cavalli this year expects to enter 155 million euros, down from 180 million euros a year ago figure. Dismissal of staff, moving headquarters to Osmannoro and closing unprofitable stores.

Salvador y Rosa Tous premio
Salvador Tous in New York last week

Only last week that Salvador Tous in New York claimed that a brand could only have three or four stores in the world as «showcase» the rest have to make money, or at least not lose. We’ll see if the Italian firm, its shareholders and its creator 75 years are capable of re-invention and not die in the invention

Subir arriba

Este sitio utiliza cookies para prestar sus servicios y analizar su tráfico. Las cookies utilizadas para el funcionamiento esencial de este sitio ya se han establecido.


Aviso de cookies
Versión Escritorio