How fail of success in fashion*
This sentence has been very important for me during the last week. It came to my mind many times. It can become a reality in our life by unreal success.
According to Laura Ceccherini in Piambianconews, in an interview with Carolyn Maloney, founding member of the Congressional Apparel Manufacturing and Fashion Business Caucus: The study of the Congressional Apparel Manufacturing and Fashion Business Caucus: shows that the Fashion Weeks have generated:
- New York Fashion Week has been $900 millions of economic impacts
- 887 million dollars in total economic impact annually
- 547 million dollars in visitor spending. (compared to the U.S. TennisOpen (700 million dollars), the Super Bowl (500 million dollars) or the New York City Marathon (340 million)
- The fashion industry employing in NYC over 180,000 people
- 16,000 manufacturing jobs
- Paying 11 billion dollars in wages and generating almost 2 billion dollars in tax because more than 900 fashion companies have their headquarters in NYC.
This is the reality; fashion is a train in the nations’ industries. And in the «fashion universe», Paula Cademartori is a star. She founded a luxury bags brand under her own surname. Her biography says: «Paula moved to Milan in 2005 to complete her Industrial Design studies following the achievement of a master degree in Fashion Accessories at Istituto Marangoni, as well as a Young fashion manager certificate at SDA Bocconi». At the moment, Paula has become an important designer in the world of luxury market. About herself: «Each bag is conceived as a design object to own and cherish. The precious seal of each model is a metal buckle, personally designed by Paula supported by her background in jewellery and industrial design. A fine factory brand a modern vision of a logo that escapes from conventional designs».
Today, I want to talk about this designer, because I think that the fashion world can became a showcase to good people. I hope it. Christina Pitanguy asks to Paula Cademartori «Your oldest fashion memory… and she answered «My grandmother. She has been my first strong reference. She was a very chic lady, not only for the way she dressed but also for her manners. My grandmother is still now my source of inspiration«.
I would like that these words inspired in Meg Meeker can be applied for all designer in the road to success:
- The father (the designer) shift the life of his daughter
- You (the designer) are a natural leader
- I would like that you (the designer) will see through the eyes of each women.
References: Cecccherini, Laura. Retrieved on FEBRUARY, 22, 2015. Meeker, Meg. (2012) Strong Father, Strong Daughter. Ciudadela. Madrid. Pitanguy, Christina. (2013) Retrieved on February, 22, 2015. Photos: Courtesy of Paula Cademartori. (*) Inspired in the words of Francis Pope. Wednesday, 19. 2015.