Much Love for Moschino
Some think that Jeremy Scott, creative director of Moschino, could be the next Andy Warhol...
“Toto, I have a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore” is without doubt the best quote to go with the pop cultured and cool designer Jeremy Scott. After many years of being in the eye of such competitive industry, Jeremy Scott has officially positioned himself as the People’s Designer; Also the title of his documentary following his story on how he became the Creative Director of Moschino. Scott has broken boundaries in the fashion industry and wasn’t afraid to do something different mix pop culture with clothing, some say he could be the next Andy Warhol.
As the fashion enthusiast you guys know I am I’ve been following Jeremy’s steps for some quite time and here are 5 thing you need to know about Jeremy Scott.
- He is from a small farm outside Kansas City. I guess you could be a farmer in those clothes and quite frankly I wouldn’t mind LOL.
- Studied Fashion Design at the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York. See he even knew that Brooklyn was the new New York back then.
- Launched his label Jeremy Scott on the Paris catwalk in 1997. Paris will always be a good idea.
- Is the 1st designer to dress the Diva of Divas, Miss Piggy from The Muppets. Talk about high fashion props to looking fabulous Miss Piggy.
- Karl Lagerfeld himself once said that Scott was the only designer who could ever succeed him at Chanel. Could this be? I totally see a Chanel french-fry bag and totally wear it LOL.
So whether you agree with me or are totally repulsed by the concepts of his collections one thing is for sure, we will be hearing more from this cool farm boy.
(Photo:Red Burnette / More information: www.meetthedesigner.co.uk)