How to Identify an Imitation Handbag
We give you some tips so you know when you're at a counterfeit or a genuine accessory.
Would you know how to tell apart an authentic, legitimate handbag from an imitation one? It’s sometimes difficult to identify the differences because nowadays there is an expanded counterfeit market that works at imitating every detail exactly, although it’s true that the same quality can’t be imitated.
In countries that produce an abundant amount of merchandise, such as China, there are concentrations of clandestine workshops where these illegal practices are carried out. Aside from the difference in quality, there are some other features that allow us to identify genuine handbags from imitations.
- The handles are usually made from imitation leather, and the rib trim is irregular.
- They give off a stronger smell.
- They normally come wrapped in plastic.
- The stitching is generally clean, finely produced and in soft colors.
- They give off a natural leather smell.
- They usually come in dust covers made from silk, microfiber, etc.