The Rise of Abdominoplasty
Abdominoplasty is one of the best solutions to recover body shape after pregnancy. An increasing number celebrities who opt for this surgery.
Today more and more people opt for a tummy tuck surgery to remove excess skin from the abdomen, reconstruct the muscles of the abdominal wall and get a flatter abdomen. A narrower waist and a firmer, smoother and healthier skin. Celebrities like Courtney Love, Tara Reid and Britney Spears have undergone surgery in order to regain their former silhouette through a tummy tuck surgery.
As we have been commenting, a tummy tuck is a procedure designed to remove excess skin and fat from the middle of the abdomen to the bottom of it, making a transverse incision above the pubic hair that extends laterally through the groin. After removing the tissue and fat, abdominal muscles and excess skin is tightened and the incision is closed. At the same time can be perform liposuction in the area of the flanks.
Should not confuse liposuction and tummy tuck. Liposuction is used to remove fat deposits anywhere in the body, whereas tummy tuck removes fat deposits in the abdomen and repair damaged muscles and excess skin is tightened.
Who can benefit from this surgery?
This surgery is especially directed to patients who have had weight gain and subsequent loss or women who have had multiple pregnancies. In these cases there is usually a general sagging skin of the abdomen, often related to the muscle.
What should you know?
- Depending on the volume and body area, epidural or general anesthesia is used, although in the majority of cases we use epidural anesthesia. In most cases the recovery time is about 15-21 days.
- After surgery, the patient may experience mild to moderate pain, which will disappear completely within three or four days, requiring a scheduled analgesia. From the Clinic of aesthetic plastic surgery Dr. Julio Puig, we recommend using an abdominal binder over a period of four to six weeks
- During the first weeks, especially if has made an liposuction at the same time, there is a dermal edema which tends to decrease gradually within a period of one month.
What is not a tummy tuck?:
- The tummy tuck is not a weight loss surgery, nor is it a substitute for exercise or diet.
- Although the results of a tummy tuck are technically permanent, the positive result can greatly reduce if significant fluctuations occur in weight. For this reason, we recommend to those who are following a weight loss regime or women who intend to become pregnant, who postpone the tommy tuck.surgey.