Introducing Treadlite By UGG
Innovative Technology for Men's Spring 2015 Footwear Collection Heightens Cushioning, Traction and Flexibility.
Fusing athletic sensibilities with classic heritage details, UGG a division of Deckers Brands is introducing its brand new exclusive technology, Treadlite by UGG, into its Men’s Spring 2015 collection. Treadlite by UGG offers a supremely lightweight and ultra-durable outsole compound that leverages proprietary RMAT technology – a new material compound with rebound and durability that offers phenomenal grip and exceptional rebound when used as an outsole. UGG is the only casual footwear brand harnessing this innovation.
Treadlite by UGG debuts its collection-defining low profile outsole that is equal parts lightweight, flexible and durable on February 1st as part of its Fathom collection. The collection will be sold at UGG stores, on uggaustralia.com and at select retailers, including Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor, Zappos, Dillards and Bloomingdales. Ranging in price from $120 to $140, the Men’s Spring Fathom collection features six styles in a variety of sandals and sneakers.
Stuart Jenkins, Senior Vice President Innovation and Product Development: «UGG is a brand that is committed to innovation. We are constantly improving our products to bring customers the highest quality experience and unsurpassed comfort across all of our product categories. The technology that went in to creating this ultra-lightweight yet exceptionally comfortable and durable outsole for Treadlite by UGG™was a natural evolution for our comfort casuals».
Paving the way for the future of the men’s casual category, Treadlite by UGG is poised to redefine comfort casuals by infusing traditional silhouettes with a cutting edge outsole that includes the following benefits:
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Treadlite by UGG is superior to other foams in abrasion resistance, eliminating the need to apply rubber parts to the bottom of a shoe, resulting in a lighter product.
- CUSHIONING: Treadlite by UGG’s core compound ingredient is rubber, which provides more elasticity than injected EVA. This elasticity provides a dynamic compression effect, giving the consumer a «bouncier» ride.
- TRACTION: The Treadlite by UGG compound contains rubber, which grips exceptionally well on both wet and dry surfaces.
- DURABLE: The Treadlite by UGG cushioning does not degrade like EVA, so the quality of the «ride» is sustained.
- FLEXIBLE: Because Treadlite by UGG doesn’t «pack out,» it can be formulated softer than other materials normally used.
Starting in Spring 2015, the new Treadlite by UGG outsole will be utilized in Men’s, Women’s and Kids’ styles.